Thursday 10 June 2010

I am u huge consumer of both the junk and nutritious food the internet offers. I am a greedy writer and am often engorged with opinion, but I have before tonite had the urge to write a blog. It's the baring of my thoughts you see. That's something I'm not all that comfortable with. Not because I don't like my own thoughts, I do like them, very much actually, so much so that I don't like them to be critisized or ignored. Expressing them verbally is not so bad, like rain drops hitting an uncompromising stone floor; they are gone quickly and even their remenents will evaporate from peoples memories fairly swiftly. On the off chance people do remember the things you say, well you can just deny it, but when they're carved into words and then displayed, even in a shiny little corner that may go mostly unoticed, it's more difficult to take back. They're there, they're a monument to your mood at the time of writing that u can't deny, no matter how abnormally coloured or toned you may have been. What if someone writes a negative comment, what if someone uses the space as a means of slashing out at me personally regardless of whAt I've actually talked about- is my skin so papery? Yeah, I' afraid it is, especially when it comes to my thoughts and my writing ability, discluding my family and friends, there's not much more I'm as protective of.
But then, last week as I heard someone banging on about Twitter, the thought occured to me; anonymity!! That great chicken god! He could be salvation! I can be totally free to write whatever I want without fear, free from mans one natural enemy- et voilĂ !

No comments:

Post a Comment